Insignia is one of the most bespoke high-end lifestyle management and payment service groups in the world, offering bespoke financial and luxury lifestyle services to High-Net-Worth Individuals across the globe. We offer our members financial freedom and security through a spectrum of financial services, including a line of credit cards, secure online banking and the Insignia Rewards programme.
We believe that any success at Insignia is due to two things: our people and their hard work. We believe that brilliant people who never settle and work hard, when empowered, will produce the best outcome.
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind Insignia Group of Companies platform success. From building a new core backend to creating a best in class online services, our tech team is at the core of all that we do.
Working in Technology at Insinet is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be utilised by high net individuals. We are continually developing and characterizing what is the new acceptable standard. We are a growing, fast paced team based in the heart of Valletta, Malta.
As an Android developer you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and on-going development of Android applications aimed towards mobiles and tablets to suit business needs and make our customers happy.
- Design and build applications for Android
- Implementation of mobile bank, authenticator app, wallets and other interesting stuff from the fintech world
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of those applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and deliver new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatization
- Strong mobile developer background with 3-5 years’ experience as an Android developer
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Understanding of MVC/MVP/MVVM
- Experience of SOLID, DRY, KISS, Design patterns
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git
- Good knowledge of implementing automated UI testing platforms
- Good knowledge of performance limits and characteristics
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading
- Experience with embedded databases and other system datastores
- Ability to benchmark and optimise performance
- Understanding of Google Play design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential
- A background in payments, banking or Fintech is desirable
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our team.