Welcome to Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island paradise in the British Virgin Islands, a stunning and unspoiled area of the Caribbean. At 74 acres, Necker Island sits in turquoise waters surrounded by coral reefs, fringed with beautiful white sandy beaches and is home to the most spectacular wildlife.
Crystal-clear waters with spectacular coral reefs and palm-fringed white sandy beaches await your arrival at Necker Island. Located in the British Virgin Islands, it is one of the most luxurious private islands in the world and home to Sir Richard Branson. Sleeping up to 48 adults and six children, it’s the ultimate exclusive playground for friends and family to experience. With plenty to do on land and on water, Necker Island is your home away from home and is just waiting to be explored.
Designed to take advantage of the island’s natural beauty and stunning vistas, luxurious, spacious and beautifully appointed rooms are dotted around Necker Island. Expect airy bedrooms, sun-drenched terraces, infinity pools and plenty of places to relax.
Take the Whole Island
To experience the ultimate private hideaway, hiring Necker Island exclusively is the way to go as our expert team can tailor every element to suit you. Sleeping up to 48 adults and six children in Balinese style houses it’s the perfect home away from home. Keeping active during your stay is easy when there’s five infinity pools, two floodlit tennis courts, white sandy beaches and all the watersports you could imagine, but there are also endless cosy corners to curl up in and just soak up the views. Evenings are often spent down on the beach partying the night away under the stars.
Things To Do
From sandy white beaches to crystal clear water, there is an endless list of activities on Necker Island to keep you busy throughout your stay. Land-lovers can enjoy everything from yoga to tennis and water lovers can learn to kitesurf or embark on a sailing race around the island. And when the sun goes down… the party starts.
Watersports are included in every stay and our team of highly qualified instructors can help you master:
- Kite surfing
- Water-skiing and wakeboarding
Whether you want to try something new, enjoy adrenalin-fuelled fun or explore the waters more serenely, it’s all available to do in a safe and controlled environment with hands-on tuition where needed.
Snorkelling & Scuba Diving
The waters of the British Virgin Islands offer incredible snorkelling and diving opportunities.
- Snorkelling: Snorkels, masks and fins are available to explore our waters. For those wanting to venture further afield and explore other underwater locations, we can organise day excursions with all equipment and plenty of refreshments
- Scuba diving: Wreck, reef and night dives can all be arranged nearby. If you’re not PADI qualified we are able to arrange instruction on the island. Additional charges apply
Yoga, Tennis & More
On island, there is an exciting array of activities to enjoy during your stay:
- Yoga: Find your inner zen with a bespoke yoga class led by our instructor, or grab a mat and freestyle on the beach. Yoga at sunrise or sunset is also not to be missed
- Tennis: With a resident tennis pro, two floodlit courts and plenty of equipment you might find it hard to tear yourself away during your stay!
- Hiking: Necker Island is 74 acres in size with a 3 mile perimeter so there are a number of trails to take you around the coast or over the main ridge; we can also arrange a guided tour if you’d prefer
- Gym: With a view like ours from the gym you won’t need much encouraging to keep up your fitness regime
- Bespoke activities: We can tailor every aspect of your stay, so get in touch if you would like something a bit different…beach olympics anyone?
Necker Island boasts the beautiful Samudra Spa treatment rooms, combining carefully curated treatments with a peaceful beachside setting. We use Aromatherapy Associates skincare range which is exclusive to the island in the Caribbean. Treatments are charged at an additional cost.