The London Art Fair, in it’s 28th year, is the UK’s premier Fair for Modern British and contemporary art. It will be hosted at the Business Design Centre, Islington, from 18 to 22 January 2017. Renowned for providing a supportive environemtn for collectors of all levels, The Fair is enhanced by an engaging programme of curated exhibitions, talks, tours, films and performances.
The art featured spans the early 20th century to present-day. One hundred and twenty nine galleries present their work with over a fifth being international from 18 different countries.
New features and highlights for 2017 include:
· A celebration of the 10th anniversary of The Lightbox in Woking. This partnership features a curated exhibition of highlights from The Ingram Collection entitled ‘Ten Years: A Century of Art’.
· A focus on modern British art, with Waterhouse & Dodd’s debut in the pavilion and new galleries including Christopher Kingzett Fine Art, Katharine House Gallery, Beaux Arts London and Peter Harrington Gallery.
· International contemporary galleries making their London Art Fair debut include Pi Artworks (Istanbul/London), Atelier Aki (Seoul), and Victor Lope Arte Contemporaneo (Barcelona).
· Art Projects ‘Dialogues’, curated by Miguel Amado, which features a series of five collaborations between galleries intended to encourage new forms of presentation and foster relationships on a global scale.
· ‘Stranger Collaborations’ a showcase of artistic collaborations formed via the internet. It is curated by Pryle Behrman.
· Photo50: ‘Gravitas’: a group exhibition of lens-based works curated by Christiane Monarchi, founding editor of Photomonitor.
· Contemporary Korean artist Jaye Moon’s LEGO street art sculptures, installed by Hanmi Gallery in locations throughout the Fair.
· Discussions throughout the week of the Fair, covering topics such as ‘Modern British art and the Idea of Europe’.
· Thursday Late sponsored by returning Peroni Nastro Azzuro, with talks, tours and performances until 9pm. A wonderful place to stop-by post-work.
For more information on the London Art Fair, please contact your Insignia Personal Assistant.