1. Lonubo, Maldives What could be more romantic than your very own private island for the night? You’ll be dropped off late afternoon at Lonubo, with time for snorkelling and swimming at leisure before the sun sets over the Indian Ocean and the night sky is filled with stars. Your accommodation on this uninhabited island is a charming Beach Villa, nestled amongst the trees, with air-conditioning, television, iPod dock, minibar, mobile phone, outdoor bathroom and sun deck with new outdoor hot tub. Guests enjoy a five-course dinner on the beach with a private chef and waiter and are then left in private. The next morning you’ll enjoy a sparkling wine in-villa breakfast. When you’re ready to be picked up, simply call the resort from the dedicated mobile phone. With just one couple on the island each night, this really is an utterly secluded and romantic escape. This experience is available exclusively to guests staying at Maafushivaru.
2. Mudhdhoo, Maldives Anyone who loves a sky full of stars should head over to the twinkling beaches of Mudhdhoo in the Baa Atoll. Originally thought to be caused by phytoplankton, one type of glowing sea organism, the glowing, starry beaches in the Maldives are courtesy of a type of tiny crustacean called ostracods. This phenomenon usually occurs from around September to November, but it all really depends on the moon and weather. And though Dusit Thani Maldives’ beach is the best spot to witness it close up, we’ve heard it’s possible to see the glow in the distance from neighbouring islands.
3. Ithaa, Maldives Rated “the most beautiful restaurant in the world” by the New York Daily News in 2014, Ithaa sits five metres below the surface, offering 180-degree panoramic views of the vibrant coral gardens surrounding it. Ithaa is the world’s first all-glass undersea restaurant at the Conrad Rangali Maldives Island Resort. Visitors dine while watching thousands of fish swim around them, all without getting their feet wet. The intimate restaurant is only nine metres long and five metres wide, with space for 14 diners at a time. Just inches away through the glass, there are fish of every colour and shape imaginable – the luckiest diners might glimpse turtles, stingrays or even sharks. The four-course lunch and six-course dinner menu are largely contemporary European in style. The iconic restaurant is also open for mid-morning cocktails and can be booked privately for breakfast, weddings or other special occasions. Only available to guests of the Conrad Rangali Hotel.
4. Cape to Coast, Mauritius/South Africa Mauritius is just a few hours flying time from South Africa, which makes for a perfect safari/beach combination holiday. Starting your trip in South Africa and finishing in Mauritius is usually the preferred order, contrasting metropolitan bustle and a comprehensive safari experience with a stunning beach break on one of the Indian Ocean’s most celebrated isles. Spend a night under the stars on a tree-top deck overlooking the wilderness, go microlighting and spot game from the air and enjoy a completely difference perspective – before finally relaxing and unwinding at a little gem in Mauritius. Experience spectacular golf courses, wreck diving, scuba diving, dolphin excursions – to name but a few.
5. North Island, Seychelles Set foot on your own private island. With just 11 villas, your footprints will be the only evidence on the Island’s vast, untouched beaches. Designed to make the most of the stunning natural environment, North offers the ultimate in romance, superb beaches, watersports and immaculate service. There are more than twice as many staff as guests, a resident ecologist and a full-service spa. No menus are offered – the chef prepares seasonal fresh food to your taste with a plentiful supply of fish caught offshore. Villas 1-10 have two bedrooms and can be used by families of four, while Villa 11 (580sqm²) is reserved for couples and designed specifically for romance. There are helicopter transfers to and from the island and guests get the use of a ‘North Island Buggy’ throughout their stay. Other facilities include: Restaurant, cocktail bar lounge, library, health spa, gym, swimming pool, wine cellar, beach bar, hiking trails, mountain bikes, kayaks, sunset cruise and dive centre and snorkelling. Yachts are available for charter too. For further details please contact your Personal Assistant.